Friday, March 6, 2009

Juno (2007)




A great feel good movie, although it's about a teenage pregnancy and I had my doubts before watching it. At one point in the movie Juno decides not to have an abortion and says: "Maybe they'll, like, canonize me for being totally selfless." And that's what the movie pretty achieves: Juno is the coolest kid you can imagine. And if American kids nowadays are in any way like her, we can have reason to find our faith in humanity again. But I suppose this is still just another wonderful fairy tale.

Mac MacGuff: Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with.

No comments: