Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vignettes #34



Although we have been brought up in a very pious Catholic family, both my sister and I have established very different lives compared to our upbringing and compared to each other. My sister joined a creationist Christian sect and is happily married with 3 children, my 2 nephews and my niece.

Another strange difference is that we always had cats in our family, but my sister nowadays does not really like them and refuses to have one as a pet. My 5-year-old nephew Clemens, however, turned out to be a cat lover just like the rest of our family, and it seems that he's especially enthusiastic about me, not just because I'm his only uncle, but obviously also because I have 2 cats.

One day Clemens asked his mother where can you find God, where does he live. My sister said that God lives in our heart and of course in his heart, too.

"But that's where the cats are already!" my nephew replied.

No comments: