Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Vignettes #41


I meet my pal Gerhard at the pub once every week, have a few pints, chat about music, movies and other topics and generally enjoy the evening. We've been doing this for more than 20 years now, and although our meetings are generally not eventful, there has been the occasional weird encounter or experience.

One night we sitting at the bar, when a young woman returning from the restroom didn't go directly back to the table where her friends were, but came straight towards us at the bar. She asked me whether she could have a sip from my beer!

We were both dumbstruck at such a request. I clearly didn't quite get it, so I asked her whether she wanted me to buy her a drink. She replied she could afford to pay for her own drink, but her friends were having mixed drinks, and all she wanted was just a single sip of beer.

So I obliged, she had her sip and went back to her friends, and everybody lived happily ever after.

No comments: