Monday, March 8, 2010

The Academy Awards 2010


I never miss the show, although here in Germany it's from 2.30 till 6.00 am. One thing I ask myself each time: what's happening during the commercial breaks? Do they just sit around and wait till someone appears again on the stage, do they go to the loo or get drinks?

It was quite a mixed evening with some sure-shot winners like Jeff Bridges and Christoph Waltz, but also surprise winners Sandra Bullock, Kathryn Bigelow and The Hurt Locker as best movie (and 10 contenders for that category!). I did expect Precious to get more prizes.

The show itself was only mildly entertaining, and I thought it was rushed through more so than in the previous years.

2 comments:

nancy said...

They chit chat, talk/text on their cell phones and use the wc. there is no entertainment during the breaks but last year they played trailers for new films coming out, with heavy restrictions on which films. They all look terribly bored. I'm glad sandy bulluck won, she is underrated and has a lot more talent in her pinky finger than the most of those people combined.

William Kretschmer said...

That's interesting and strange, since the breaks are so short, and it must be weird to have such short and rapid breaks amidst such a main event.
Sandra Bullock gew up here in Germany not too far from where I live here.