Monday, May 16, 2011

William S. Burroughs: My Education. A book of Dreams



  I'm in a room with a high ceiling and a door at one end. The room is full of light and has a feeling og being open and airy. I float up to the ceiling and bob along to the door and out.There is a porch or balcony over the room and now I am up under the porch about thirty feet off the ground. I move out from under the porch and pick up speed and direction.
  I land in a catwalk open to my left. Walking down, I see a door at the end of the walkway, about six feet wide and eight feet high. Outside the door a boy in a gray sweatsuit is working at something I can't see, with his back to me. I feel he is hostile, and I couldn't care less. The door opens and a man emerges. He is wearing a very dark blue striped suit, with a tie. He has a black moustache. He looks at me without a trace of friendliness or hostility. Just registering my presence. No one I ever saw before. Out to my left there is a ditch about thirty feet below the ramp where I am standing. Beyond that some pine trees and what looks like a cemetery...mausoleums with inscriptions embossed in white stone...

No comments: