Sunday, August 28, 2016

A surprise gift


Last Sunday I got a phone call from my pal Albert, a member of the Kunstverein Graz art club and gallery. He said he'd have a gift for me, but wouldn't tell me what it was, and he asked me to meet him at the art gallery two days later.
The gift was indeed a nice surprise. In 2010 the Kunstverein organized a retrospective of our group Lyssa humana (and Delir Noir), an overview of about 25 years of our activities. The retrospective in cluded an exhibition, performances and film screenings, bu also the publication of a small brochure catalogue and a cassette with some of our recordings. After a long hiatus the occasion also brought us back into new activity, and we performed and did some of the designs for the retrospective, and that included the art for the cassette edition.
So now, several years later, a young local artist got acquainted with our work and was so enthusiastic that he made an overlay for screen-printing the artwork from the cassette edition. He made himself a t-shirt and a print on wood to give to me. Further, we now can always make new prints, if needed for any occasion that may arise...
It's nice to know that there are still some fans out there, and by coincidence I have found that there actually are some clips at YouTube presenting some of our old work.




No comments: