Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Song a Day

His Name Is Alive - Are We Still Married?

I came to His Name Is Alive indirectly through the animated shorts of the legendary Quay Brothers. As soon as I heard the music on these clips I wanted to find the CD, but it took me quite a while till I found the Dirt Eaters EP. What a wonderful album full of pure beauty!

Since then I have bought every single album of the band, and their music has drifted through all kinds of genres and is more commercial than it was on their first records, but unfortunately I assume not so successful concerning sales. That's really sad, becasue I think this is one of America's most fascinating bands.

More on His Name Is Alive you can find here.

And you can find them at MySpace (with more recent songs) here.



Are we still married
Are we still?
I'm kinda getting shot at
I'm kinda getting hurt
I'm tired of all the blood dear
I'm tired of getting hurt
In pieces unfamiliar
It shatters all the world
Crashing down moments
Will this tear us in two?

His Name Is Alive - Can't Go Wrong Without You



Maybe it was an artery
Yes it was an artery
Sometimes it doesn't go
All the way around
May fields many questions
As the wind spins the leaves
My heart has saved you
Saved you from a beating
Sweeter than soon
May we meet in that room
Sweeter than soon
I can't go wrong without you
A chime chimes three times
The devil breaks both your hands
Takes your stuff and runs away

No comments: