Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vignettes # 31


I take the bus to work every day, and there's always this older distinguished gentleman who sits behind me each time and also gets off at the same stop as I do.

Recently another same-age gentleman met up with him and sat himself to him on the bench. They started up a conversation (unfortunately in perfect Bavarian dialect which is untranslatable) about the virtues of going to the pub in the evening with a meal and some pints and meeting friends.

Soon the discussion aroused on what the perfect amount of pints was, my regular fellow stating that 3 was grand, but then the other said another 1-2 pints are just as fine and makes you feel even better.

I could literally feel my gentleman deliberating, obviously agreeing halfways, but not willing to give up his previous statement. It took a while till he exclaimed: "But in the morning 3 pints are the limit!" His friend agreed immediately and there was general consent not to drink more than 3 pints before noontime...

No comments: