Sunday, July 27, 2014

Rarely Heard


I have been planning to do this for a while, but now I finally am up to it:
I will start posting a song a day from a list that I have compiled by myself in contrast to all those "All-Time Best You Should Hear Before You Die" kind of lists.
My list will include titles you rarely get to hear in popular venues, but are fully worth some mention: outsider music, long forgotten one-hit wonders, weird music, popular songs by famous artists but played by the original composers, unusual cover songs. There will also be jazz and modern music that hardly gets much airplay. Of course, I'll be going by my own taste - and my own collection, but not exclusively, since I'll also consider recommendations I find from literature and online journalists whose opinions I respect.
Needless to say: there will be no end to this list; I'll be adding on to it in aeternum.

No comments: