Saturday, October 11, 2014

Concerts: Hedvig Mollestad Trio


This was the second time I got to see the Hedvig Mollestad Trio, as a fan I'll never miss an opportunity to see them. This time they played at the Regensburg Alte Mälzerei in their Underground room, which is fairly similar in size and atmosphere to the cellar at the Lederer where they had performed in the previous years. I brought along some friends, also fans of the band, and we all had positive but slightly differeing opinions. I had the impression that this concert was even better than last year's (which had me enthused as well),  the Trio seemd in a terrific good mood and were enjoying the concert just as much as we were. Some will call their music due to the heavy sound rock, but it is jazz in the best sense of the world, and Hedvig Mollestad plays some of the best guitar you'll ever be able to hear. I hope they stick to their regular anual performances in Regensburg, and I'll certainly be there, too.


No comments: