Thursday, October 9, 2014

Rarely Heard: His Name Is Alive - Are We Still Married?



His Name Is Alive are an experimental rock band from Livonia, Michigan, founded in the late 80s and debuted their first album with the great 4AD label in 1990. I came across the band when the company I worked for gave away stuff they wanted to get rid of and I got me a promotional copy of their EP The Dirt Eaters which had me instantly intrigued. (I also came across Broght Eyes and Pram the same way). Throughout the band's long history, leader wARREN Defever has been the only constant member, with a variety of musicians and singers contributing over the years. Their music is hard to describe, since they successfuly integrate many different genres into their sound. As I see they will be relasing anew album at the end of this month.

No comments: